Vet referrals to STAR Rehab
You will need a referral from the Veterinary Surgeon in charge of your pet’s care to use the services at STAR Rehab.
Your Vet should:
- Give us a call to supply us with the client (yours) and patient (your pet’s) details.
- Send us a referral letter or full clinical history.
We will call you directly to arrange an appointment at your convenience.
What to expect at your first visit
The first appointment will be 60 minutes in duration and will consist of the following (carried out by our lead Rehab Vet):
- A full clinical examination including a musculoskeletal and neurologic assessment
- Assessment of range of motion of all joints and flexibility
- Gait analysis (with quantitative data collection where appropriate)
- Treatment recommendations
- Email of clinical findings and treatment recommendations to your referring veterinary surgeon